At HSFM, we are committed to reducing our Carbon Footprint, and thats why sustainable development and environmental management are at the core of everything we do. We aim to contribute to community efforts through the working environment and putting our practice and knowledge into action.
Sustainability is the endurance of systems and processes… Environment is the surroundings or conditions in which a person, animal, or plant lives or operates. We endeavour to constantly challenge both to ensure they are managed and controlled.
As we do within our organisation, we also encourage and help our customers with solutions to help renew and save energy both in the present and for the future.
HSFM aim to:
- Reduce greenhouse gases from direct operations
- Minimise the consumption of primary raw materials (Fossil fuels, water and energy)
- Encourage our customers to reduce energy and their carbon footprint
- Demonstrate and encourage sustainable approaches to the built environment in our construction, refurbishment and maintenance projects
- Reduce waste produce and remove from a landfill through increasing re-use, recycle and recover
- Minimise the risk of pollution and environmental damage
- Consider sustainability when purchasing goods or equipment
- Promote sustainability through our educational training schemes
- Comply with any legal requirements
Activities carried out to support our efforts:
- Low emission fleet
- Use of renewable materials
- Latest low energy LED lighting
- Energy (Electrical & Gas) is supplied on a green tariff
- ONLY print where necessary policy
- Full recycling of waste and paper
- Careful selection of suppliers who follow carry out similar efforts
HSFM have many other planned activities which will be updated as each come to fruition.